The Omaha women’s basketball team wraps up its two-game stretch in Colorado on Tuesday night as the Mavericks take on Air Force. Tipoff is set for 6 p.m. CT at Clune Arena in USAFA, Colo.
Jon Schriner will have the radio call on 1180 Zone 2 and is in his second season as the voice of Omaha women’s basketball. Links to live stats, audio and video will be available on OMavs.com.
- Omaha is 1-1 on the season after the Mavericks earned a 66-64 win at Northern Colorado on Sunday afternoon.
- Sarah Schmitt poured in a career-high 18 points and Claire Killian’s layup with 1.1 seconds left helped Omaha to the first victory of the season.
- Josie Filer leads a trio of Mavericks scoring in double-figures this season with 11.5 points per game.
- Lauren Frost is averaging 6.5 points, 5.5 boards and 2.0 steals per game off the bench in her first season as a Maverick.
- Head coach Carrie Banks is in her first season at the helm of the Maverick program.
- Omaha’s win at Northern Colorado on Sunday marked the first career victory for Banks as a head coach.
Scouting the Air Force Falcons
Air Force is 0-2 (0-0 Mountain West) this season after suffering setbacks to in-state foes Denver and Colorado to start the season. Briana Autrey is scoring 15.5 points per game to pace the Falcon scoring attack while Kaelin Immel is posting 11.0 points and 4.5 rebounds per game.
As a team, Air Force is scoring 51.0 points per game while shooting 28.7 percent from the floor, including 17.1 percent from three-point range. Opponents are scoring 80 points per game with a 54.1 shooting percentage and +16.5 rebounding margin over the Falcons.
Head coach Chris Gobrecht is in her sixth season at Air Force with a record of 29-124. Gobrecht is in her 41st overall season and holds a career record of 571-597.
All-Time Against Air Force
Tuesday’s matchup is the seventh all-time meeting between the Mavericks and Falcons. In their last meeting, Air Force posted a 65-67 victory over Omaha in USAFA, Colo., on Nov. 17, 2014. The Mavericks are 0-2 all-time when playing at Air Force.